About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
so salty pieces of coral from surfing Hawaii in the 60's and 70's getting reef pounded living in my body fall through my skin from time to time!

sailing to Oahu

Jimi Hendrix was playing on Oahu. I had never sailed. Surfed Mexico, California, Hawaii! Aw, how hard could it be to sail 90-110 miles from Kauai to Oahu? Piece of cake, right? Remember it was the 60's! This is so bad. We thought we were looking at Kaiena Point,Ohau, knowing we weren't going to make the concert! But at least we were in site of Oahu-wrong! Coy, who had never sailed before, me,who had never sailed before, jeff and Abbott etc. We were looking at the sleeping giant on Kauai! We had done three-sixty's in the night! We sailed on the only tri-marran I've ever sailed on ( except later ) in my life, missed the concert! It was at the Waikiki Shell Ampitheater ( Moon eclipsed . We finally made Nawilwili Harbor! The Skipper tried to give us his boat saying, " It's trying to kill me"! We watched him go stark raving mad not even realising that had we got caught in the channel current we were on our way to Japan! Remember it was the 60's and we were going to see Hendrix. I left out some of the good stuff but I will make up for it later!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Surfers, sailors and friends?

I have been so fortunate to have friends that I call." Friends ", friends.  Once or twice I made an
error in judgement and sailed on a boat that might not have been with a balanced crew!  Some survived,
as people, some may not have survived as friends.  Does it matter?  If it does? Than, some might be called,,
" acquaintances"!  Others might be called," Pirates"!  Few remain friends.
      Pirates are interesting in that they want to take something that isn't their's.  In reality, what defines a pirate is that a country or idea they fought for have been about politics and then been disalighned.  What was a patriot then? Why is he not a pirate now?  Is it because of governmental influence or political alliance.  So who is my friend today?  Whom will be my friend  tomarrow?  Am I a pirate that looks at forty?  Yes, I am a pirate.
       I am a thief of hearts. I love truth, no lies.  I love people and spelling, and talking, sharing and telling
the honesty of everything I have read, for one reason.  What is the value of my life?  Without truth in it,
I am dead.   I have travelled so far to bring joy and happiness into life itself!  How much fun have I been allowed to share in a form of honesty to the best of my abillity?  I will not stop for to do so is death. 
       Many stories I may rely upon.  At times I wish they were gone!  But now I know they can't go- until
I share them all with you, you know!
       Many tales I can embrace with one- for a moments space!  Just when you thought you had seen it alll?
Another tale slides in so small, about a short person with no reach,
        a surfer guy on another beach that looked all the same!  
        How much fun did I have with him, who never got to surf again?
 He died you see friendlesslee, no friend he saw in his night! As he ran so far from sight!
He! Desperately looking for a light, shining so bright, guarding him from his plight, of the rocks
waiting for him to ground and die on that distant shore!  The lonelyness in his heart finely to apply! What had waiting all along There  had been?
Him still waiting for a friend! 
         Sad this tale may truly be, but kind sir another round for you and me?  A pirates tale.with a glass of grog.  helps to clear San Francisco's fog.
       
     

No comments:

Blog Archive