About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
so salty pieces of coral from surfing Hawaii in the 60's and 70's getting reef pounded living in my body fall through my skin from time to time!

sailing to Oahu

Jimi Hendrix was playing on Oahu. I had never sailed. Surfed Mexico, California, Hawaii! Aw, how hard could it be to sail 90-110 miles from Kauai to Oahu? Piece of cake, right? Remember it was the 60's! This is so bad. We thought we were looking at Kaiena Point,Ohau, knowing we weren't going to make the concert! But at least we were in site of Oahu-wrong! Coy, who had never sailed before, me,who had never sailed before, jeff and Abbott etc. We were looking at the sleeping giant on Kauai! We had done three-sixty's in the night! We sailed on the only tri-marran I've ever sailed on ( except later ) in my life, missed the concert! It was at the Waikiki Shell Ampitheater ( Moon eclipsed . We finally made Nawilwili Harbor! The Skipper tried to give us his boat saying, " It's trying to kill me"! We watched him go stark raving mad not even realising that had we got caught in the channel current we were on our way to Japan! Remember it was the 60's and we were going to see Hendrix. I left out some of the good stuff but I will make up for it later!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

so far and so much

      Titled He was but Knot furlong.  The vast expanse of land allowed to float on molton, volcanic upheaval, just cooled and balanced by a fury of weighted water waiting, like a servant on his master's every whim for what no man could ascertain and for sure no man could prophesy that tomarrow would be here today!  I think a fool would pretend to watch what surrounds him and say, Naaaay, when asked by an equal what his opinion just might be.  To an aquaintance he might bother to say naught!  But to an equal or above?  That would be his choice and his responsibillity!  Also in the calling his measure would be found but only by an answer!  So be it right as measured by those who can judge/ or wrong by those who have the authority to judge by punishment. The Dark Ages,  400 years and 100 more I can say now, I live.  Do I live in fear?  Nay. God Forbid.  I live as a sailor, travailing as a woman ripe with a harvest, a bounty, a new sunrise, a birthing of a new day, light and airy, driving me into creation itself.  Becoming apart and yet part of a continuitity beyond what I thought was thought!  I see the inner and the exterior space that Captain James Cook sailed.  Below the water that is not drinkable is a world so remarkable that I consider it an honor and blessing that I have been allowed to sit upon surfaces under strange weather and skies, seeing and being one with societies of creatures, large and small and some even being unseen!  I know it can be frightening and lonely at the dog's watch but to dive under the thin layer that seperates the air we breath from the water/air with gills the fish use for sustenance also is a frightening thing.  I can only hold my breath for a length of time.  I have witnessed the " Dorado " change from magnificient colors to drab grey as he could not breath above  his ocean for any great length of time.  And yet, I have seen them hunting where they have taken " flying fish "
 out of the air, both out of their element displaying hunter/prey behavior that Charles Darwin would have loved to witness!  I salute Mother Ocean. 

No comments:

Blog Archive