About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
so salty pieces of coral from surfing Hawaii in the 60's and 70's getting reef pounded living in my body fall through my skin from time to time!

sailing to Oahu

Jimi Hendrix was playing on Oahu. I had never sailed. Surfed Mexico, California, Hawaii! Aw, how hard could it be to sail 90-110 miles from Kauai to Oahu? Piece of cake, right? Remember it was the 60's! This is so bad. We thought we were looking at Kaiena Point,Ohau, knowing we weren't going to make the concert! But at least we were in site of Oahu-wrong! Coy, who had never sailed before, me,who had never sailed before, jeff and Abbott etc. We were looking at the sleeping giant on Kauai! We had done three-sixty's in the night! We sailed on the only tri-marran I've ever sailed on ( except later ) in my life, missed the concert! It was at the Waikiki Shell Ampitheater ( Moon eclipsed . We finally made Nawilwili Harbor! The Skipper tried to give us his boat saying, " It's trying to kill me"! We watched him go stark raving mad not even realising that had we got caught in the channel current we were on our way to Japan! Remember it was the 60's and we were going to see Hendrix. I left out some of the good stuff but I will make up for it later!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Doctor Hyde and Mr Jyekel/ Robert Louis Stevenson

      It was a lousy year but a good year.  Sailing led some major creating artists to abandon the culture and lifestyle their piers thought were importente!  Sorry my limited Spanish got away from me!  And of course, a thought process and their health but I really love Gougan's pastels of naked polyneiseians!  And the man who wrote, some will say, after doing cocaine, while in the hospital suffering from whatever, a book that is totally out of character relative to everything else he had written!   Hell people!  What do you think?  I, personally am a gemini!  Yea, steriotypic, the twins!  I never saw it that way but what do I know?  I'm the guy who reads the books great guys and girls write.  So Stevenson gets buried on an island of Samoa, near a city named Apia.  People who visit Samoa don't even realize what Samoa is about!  Why should they?  America runs Pago Pago. Pronounced Pongo-Pongo!   It is called American Samoa.  New Zealand ( oh! What a powerful country! )  lets say owns or monitors an island and  The hotel, Aggie Gray's,  in a city called, Apia, Samoa.  So what the hell is the island of Savai?  Oh yea, it is the Kingdom of Samoa!  Now here is the real story!  How do you get permission to sail to a country that has a king?  He, the king, already realizes that you, the traveler/trader have a history of lies and  broken promises!  AND and this is a big AND!  A word called, shush-aculteration.......So there it is!  Everyone on the face of the Earth are racest!  SP!  I will bet you that no matter who your father is he does not want his daughter or son marrying outside of his/hers ethnic heiritage!  So you can alternate or transpose the ethnic/cultural names I am about to place exactly where they belong-on the killing floor!  so matey or mate as they say down under, Gid day! What does that mean? Now, if I said, "it depends", I could sound like a bloody politician! So here is the deal, the real deal!!! A prick is a prick! They come in all shapes and colors! They ( liars, destorters of the truth ) love lying! I have found while sailing on the oceans of this world that the countries, islands and people that I have been fortunate to spend time with have opened my eyes to an understanding that people are wonderful but governments suck! I knew that already so I went deep into the ocean. I found a truth. My wish is that we can survive the bullshit government serves us as a survival plan against a common foe they chose! Who is the enemy? Sociology 101!!!! I swear to you, people of the world, If anyone would listen, I would print the same phoney money the U.S. is printing and build a subway sandwich shop in Salt Lake City , Utah and serve coffee! I'm running out of gas but not story imput. I've sailed into precarious places and enjoyed the many diversified cultures I visited. I've learned that an asshole is an asshole regardless of race, position, creed or color! Welcome to the world that even Captain James Cook sailed under! Where's my grog?

No comments:

Blog Archive