About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
so salty pieces of coral from surfing Hawaii in the 60's and 70's getting reef pounded living in my body fall through my skin from time to time!

sailing to Oahu

Jimi Hendrix was playing on Oahu. I had never sailed. Surfed Mexico, California, Hawaii! Aw, how hard could it be to sail 90-110 miles from Kauai to Oahu? Piece of cake, right? Remember it was the 60's! This is so bad. We thought we were looking at Kaiena Point,Ohau, knowing we weren't going to make the concert! But at least we were in site of Oahu-wrong! Coy, who had never sailed before, me,who had never sailed before, jeff and Abbott etc. We were looking at the sleeping giant on Kauai! We had done three-sixty's in the night! We sailed on the only tri-marran I've ever sailed on ( except later ) in my life, missed the concert! It was at the Waikiki Shell Ampitheater ( Moon eclipsed . We finally made Nawilwili Harbor! The Skipper tried to give us his boat saying, " It's trying to kill me"! We watched him go stark raving mad not even realising that had we got caught in the channel current we were on our way to Japan! Remember it was the 60's and we were going to see Hendrix. I left out some of the good stuff but I will make up for it later!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Forgive my " Big Island " error.

Sorry sailors. I haven't figured out how to edit a story once it is published! If anyone out there could teach me, it sure would expedite my learning curve. The error I made is in the article about the Big Island, Hawaii and me going to Virginia Beach. The mountain I was refering to is Mauna Loa. In the article I mistakenly mentioned Mauna Kea which is taller than Mauna Loa and hasn't been an active volcano for a long time. Mauna Kea has the worlds finest observatory at it's top. From Hilo it looks like a giant golf ball on a tee just waiting to be driven. Mauna Loa contains Kiluea which has been spewing lava for longer than I thought possible. It is beautiful and yet majestically destructively creative. It wipes out roads, houses, towns and beaches and yet creates a bigger, newer island! They both are sacred mountains. Not just to the Hawaiins but to anyone who has truly seen and experienced, touched with their heart even a portion of the Divine Majesty of these to Titans. Here one feels deeply one with Creation!

1 comment:

Tillerman said...

Information on editing old posts is here.

Blog Archive